Mr. Sandman 2001
by Randall L. Whipkey
At the Sand Sculpture Tournament in Ocean City last week, teams
of silicone artists competed for the title of Mr. Sandman 2001.
Each of the teams that finished in 1st-5th place in the judging
was sponsored by a different local business, one by Bad Bubby's BBQ,
and was led by a veteran sand sculptor, one by Chad. Given the
description of the event below, you should be able to determine the
1st-5th place standings in the tournament: the theme of each sculpture,
its sponsor, and its team leader's full name (one surname is Patty).
- The team led by Rick finished higher in the judging than the
sculptors of the fire-breathing Dragonflight, who placed
one position ahead of the Waters-led team in the event.
- The amazing Manhattan skyline of New York, New York wasn't
the top 5 entry of Tom and his partners.
- Castoria, who isn't Art, and his teammates didn't enter the
3x-lifesize sculpture of Huckleberry Finn.
- Team leaders Greg and Moulder were members of the Mr. Sandman
2000 sand sculpting team.
- In the final judging, the Jolly Roger Mini-Golf work of art
placed one position behind New York, New York, which
finished immediately behind the sculpture created by Shaver and
- Blast Off to Mars and the Mooney's Amusement Pier sculpture
drew crowds to the Inlet Beach area during the event.
- The Crisfield Crab House team wasn't the one Rick headed.
- The sculpture by the Kites by Katie team finished one place ahead
of Art and his co-sculptors' entry, which was judged one position
higher than the Great White and its wide-open jaws.
- Huckleberry Finn won a higher prize than the scupture by
the team Greg led.
- Shaver and the Kites by Katie team leader are Ocean City policemen.
- Waters and his team didn't sculpt Great White.
- The Crisfield Crab House-sponsored team, which wasn't led by
Castoria, didn't create the 2nd-place sculpture.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.