At the Farmers Market
by Randall L. Whipkey
At the Meyersdale Farmers Market yesterday, Sally Salada bought
five different farm-fresh fruits and vegetables for her family's
enjoyment, purchasing a different amount--1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lbs.--of
each from a different local vendor's stand. Given the facts that
follow about her purchases, can you decide how much of each fruit
or vegetable Sally bought and from which grower she selected it?
- After buying some crisp red lettuce from one vendor, Sally
Salada made a purchase at the Raindrop Acres stand; after
her buy at the Raindrop Acres stand, she bought 1 lb. of
produce at a third farmer's booth.
- Sally tasted the large, sweet blueberries and the juicy
Maryland Red peaches before buying them at two different
stands; neither is the item she chose at the Tiller Gardens
- Sally Salada got 2 lbs. of the item she purchased at Grow
- The weight of the produce Sally bought at the Freshly Fruits
& Vegetables stand was less than that of the white potatoes
she purchased at another stand.
- Sally bought 5 lbs. of Granny Smith apples to make pies.
- The item Sally got at the Sunset Farm stand wasn't the peaches.
- Raindrop Acres didn't have white potatoes for sale.
- The produce Sally purchased at the Freshly Fruits & Vegetables
stand wasn't the red lettuce and wasn't 1 lb. in weight.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.