At the Rock & Roll B & B
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last weekend, the Trumans and seven other married couples
stayed at Summerset's Rock & Roll B & B, with each couple
in a different one of the hostelry's eight themed rooms.
The rooms, each of which is decorated with memorabilia of
the '50's star for which it is named, are situated four
on the 2nd floor and four on the 3rd floor, with the two
front rooms on each floor having a view of Lake Haley and
the two back rooms giving a view of Comets Ridge. Facing
the front entrance of the B & B, the room to the left is
2A, with 2B, 2C, and 2D then going counter-clockwise from
2A; room 3A is directly above 2A, etc. Each floor has a
central hall, so that room 2A is adjacent to 2B and 2D but
not to 2C, 2B adjoins 2A and 2C but not 2D, etc. Given the
reservations book below, can you solve this Challenger
Logic Problem by determining the number and name of each
of the Rock & Roll B & B's eight themed bedrooms and the
full names (one husband is Jeff, one wife Alice) of the
couple who stayed in each room last weekend?
- Dotty and her husband stayed in the room directly
above the one occupied by Keith and his wife, while
Mr. & Mrs. Redding had the room directly above the
Fats Domino-themed bedroom.
- Neither Larry nor Pete is Mr. Wilson.
- The Jerry Lee Lewis room is adjacent to the
rooms in which Glenda and her husband and the Quinns
- Ellen and her husband stayed in the room adjoining the
Elvis Presley room on one side while Larry and his
wife had the bedroom adjoining the Elvis room
on the other.
- Mr. & Mrs. Valens occupied the room directly under
the Roy Orbison room.
- At a party in the 1st-floor lounge Friday night, Nick
and his wife Cheryl showed off their jitterbug moves.
- The Underwoods had room service deliver tutti frutti
ice cream to their bedroom--appropriately, the Little
- Larry, who isn't Saunders, and the husband who stayed
in the Fats Domino room enjoyed rummaging through
the Rock & Roll B & B's collection of 45s.
- Pete and Ellen's husband remarked on how much the
faces in the inn's yearbook collection looked like
those in their high school classes.
- The Reddings didn't stay in room 3A.
- Francine and Mrs. Redding both wore hoop skirts to
the Friday party.
- Pete and his wife had a view of Lake Haley from their
bedroom; their room adjoined that of Mr. & Mrs. Saunders,
who liked their view of Comets Ridge.
- The Quinns and the Wilsons had both enjoyed the
Fats Domino room during previous visits to the
Rock & Roll B & B, so they booked other themed rooms
- The Yardleys' room is adjacent to the Rick Nelson
- Marty and his wife had a bedroom adjoining the B & B's
Sam Cooke room.
- Keith took Mr. Underwood for a ride in his restored
1957 Chevy on Saturday afternoon.
- The Wilsons occupied the themed room directly under
the Buddy Holly room, while Ralph and his wife
stayed in the room directly under that of Francine
and her husband.
- Pete and his wife had neither the Elvis Presley
nor the Fats Domino room.
- Ellen and her husband didn't stay in 3D.
- Larry and Francine's husband greased their hair into
pseudo-duck tails for the Friday party.
- The couple in the Rick Nelson room enjoyed their
view of Lake Haley.
- Dotty and her husband occupied neither the Buddy
Holly nor the Little Richard room.
- Ike and his wife had the room directly above that of
Betty and her husband.
- Harriet and her husband didn't have the Rick
- Ralph and Mr. Underwood remembered their high school
football days over chocolate Cokes at Friday's party.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.