The Dinner Party
by Randall L. Whipkey
Teresa and Terrance Trump love to give dinner parties where the
guests' varied backgrounds make for an entertaining evening.
At their latest party, the Trumps played host to eight guests,
seating them four to each side of the dinner table--with Mr.
Trump at the head and Mrs. Trump at the foot--in an arrangement
conducive to lively conversation. Given the seating plan that
follows, can you determine each guest's full name and interesting
job or accomplishment, and where each guest sat relative to Mr.
Trump, i.e., in the first seat to his left or right, in the second
seat to his left or right, etc.?
- The four guests on one side of Terrance Trump were seated
man-woman-man-woman and on the other woman-man-woman-man,
so that a man and woman sat directly across from each other
at all places at the table.
- Deirdre enjoyed hearing about the activities of the two
men who flanked her at the table, Ellison and the man who
welded large metal sculptures.
- Betty sat directly across the table from the inventor.
- Tom was seated between Ms. McKay and the woman who won
$1,000,000 on the television show "I Survived."
- Yuri talked politics with the member of the United States
House of Representatives who sat next to him.
- Longhouse sat next to the nose-ringed punk rock star, who
was seated directly opposite the professional basketball
- Jessica and the man who is CEO of an internet company had
adjoining place settings.
- Mr. Nordi didn't sit across from either Ms. McKay or the
$1,000,000 survival show winner.
- Pierre wasn't seated next to Terrance Trump.
- The inventor's place wasn't set next to either the host
or hostess of the dinner party.
- Kerrie listened attentively to the man sitting directly
opposite her, Mr. Cooper; Cooper isn't the man who is the
- Roger and Ms. Gordon sat next to each other at the table.
- Tom and Mr. Nordi both commented on the chocolate mousse
Mrs. Trump served for dessert.
- Kerrie and the woman who won the TV million played billiards
against each other after dinner.
- Mr. Baye and Ms. Filbert were seated directly opposite each
other at the table.
- The astronaut isn't the person who was seated to Mrs. Trump's
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.