The Leap Year Club
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last night between 11:59:55 p.m., February 28, and 12:00:05 a.m.,
March 1, Moore and four fellow members of the Leap Year Club toasted
their births as they convened, just like in every other non-leap
year, to celebrate their February 29 non-day. Each of the five was born
in a different leap year from 1944-1960. Given the clues below, you
should be able to find each celebrant's full name and the year in
which he or she was born on Feb. 29.
- Harkness was born four years before Bob was.
- First-to-last, Silva, Linda, and Mr. Watson were born in
three consecutive leap years.
- John isn't the Leap Year Club member born in 1952.
- Ted and Silva have been club members for 20 years.
- Mr. Davis was born on Feb. 29 in the leap year immediately
after the one in which Kathy was born.
- Bob and Watson picked O'Mara's Grill for this year's event.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.