by Randall L. Whipkey
At the recent Kenilworth Dog Show, Max's Moonbeam
and three other entries won the four ribbons awarded in
the Toy Dogs competition. The prize-winning dogs are
four different breeds, with one being a Maltese, and are
schooled by four different trainers. Given the data
below, you should be able to determine the order of
finish 1st-4th in the Toy Dogs event: each dog's name and
breed and the full name of its trainer.
- Jack's prize winner is neither the Shih Tzu nor the
- During the actual competition in the arena, Konga
Dharva followed Thompson's entry in the order
in which the Toy Dogs performed for the judges.
- In the final judging, Prince Sherman finished one
place higher than the dog trained by Shue; the latter
placed higher than the ribbon-winning Shih Tzu.
- Wilhelm, who isn't Ben, isn't the trainer who won a
ribbon with the Brussels Griffon.
- The Papillon won a lower award than Eastman's dog,
which finished one place behind the animal trained by
- Ramona, Salty Dogg's trainer, and the trainer
of the Papillon all three also had entries in the
Terriers show dog event.
- Jack and Eastman are first-time Kenilworth Dog Show
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.