Valentine's Day Logic Puzzle: The King and Queen of Hearts
by Randall L. Whipkey
At Saturday's Summerset High School Valentine Dance, the
King and Queen of Hearts, attended by their court, reigned
over the evening's festivities. The King and Queen, who
must be a senior or junior, were chosen by vote of the entire
student body; each class senior-freshman then elected a
Prince and Princess to serve as court attendants. Given
the clues about the court members below, can you solve the
Valentine's Day Logic Puzzle of the full names of the King
and Queen of Hearts and of each class's Prince and Princess?
(Note: one boy is Brett and one girl Miss Newhart.)
- The four couples who served as attendants are Ian and
his Princess, Kimberly and her Prince, the Rivers boy
and his classmate, and the O'Neal girl and hers.
- Jason, who isn't the Hanson boy, isn't the young man
who escorted Angela at the Valentine Dance.
- Tess and the Evans girl had already accepted dates
to the dance with their elected escorts before
hearing the school's choices.
- Chad and the Forrester boy both wore red sweaters to
- The Hanson boy and Valerie, who are in the same class
as the King of Hearts, were one Prince and Princess
- Angela is two classes ahead of the Lake boy in school.
- Darlene, who isn't Miss O'Neal, isn't the girl escorted
- The Prince and Princess pair of Micah and Miss Getty
are in the same class as the girl elected Queen of
- The Pryor boy is a year ahead of Tess in school.
- Jason is two classes ahead of the West girl.
- The Lake boy's partner wasn't Kimberly.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.