The Donut Bakers' Breakfast
by Randall L. Whipkey
At this morning's work break, Mike and four other bakers at
Crispie Cream Bakery shared coffee and a dozen different
donuts for breakfast. Given the clues that follow, can you
find each man's full name (one last name is Close) and the
flavor donuts he ate?
- Two of the bakers ate three donuts apiece. One of
the two men had an apple crumb donut, while the other
of the two enjoyed a maple iced donut.
- One man had a glazed donut as one of the two he ate;
the other donut he consumed wasn't a Bavarian cream.
- Trout, who isn't Ron, isn't the Crispie Cream worker
who relished a bowtie donut for breakfast.
- One man--not King--had both a lemon filled and a
- Andrew Beck ate two donuts for breakfast; he passed
on a sugar raised donut which a workmate then consumed.
- Danny didn't have a maple iced donut.
- Ron, who isn't Watson, ate a jelly filled donut.
- The man who had both a traditional cake and a chocolate
cake donut and the one who ate a maple iced donut have
both been with Crispy Cream since it started.
- Watson picked neither an apple crumb nor a sugar raised
donut as part of his breakfast.
- The five breakfasting bakers were Danny, King, the man
who ate a bowtie, the one who had a coconut cake as
one of his two donuts, and the worker who enjoyed a
Bavarian cream as one of the two donuts he ate.
- Jeff and the man who had a sugar raised donut both work
in the bakery's icing unit.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.