Employees of the Month
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last year, Young and 11 other KWMart staff members were
honored for their work, as each was named an employee of the
month during 2000. Given the personnel data below, you
should be able to solve the 5-Star Logic Problem of each
honoree's full name, the department in which he or she works
(one is in household supplies), and the month in which he or
she won the award.
- Judy doesn't work in paper products or electronics.
- Faith was honored as KWMart employee of the month one
month before Perlman, who received the award one month
before the winner from the music department.
- Karen isn't the honoree from paper products.
- Ian, who works in the paint department, was named the
month after Ricci, who is a night stocker, was.
- The awardee from the garden center won the month before
the employee in electronics.
- In consecutive months, first-to-last, these three KWMart
employees were honored: the one who works in cosmetics,
Updike, and Judy.
- Gina, who isn't a cashier, and fellow winner Valdez
started working at the store the same day.
- Hank was employee of the month earlier in 2000 than
- Ed Mendes won the honor one month before Testa, who is
in the auto parts department.
- Valdez was named employee of the month one month before
the cashier, who won the award one month before Karen.
- Honoree Smith doesn't work in cosmetics or music.
- Ian isn't Valdez or Perlman.
- West was employee of the month one month after Larry.
- Perlman's job is neither cashier nor electronics
- The awardee who works in children's clothing won the
month before Nixon did.
- Valdez, who isn't Judy, doesn't work in KWMart's music
- Smith received the award one month after Gina, who was
employee of the month one month after the person who is
in the paper products department.
- Quayle, who isn't Judy, was March employee of the month.
- Neither Karen nor Perlman is the cosmetics department
- Faith, Smith, and Updike are all 10-year service pin
awardees as well.
- Gina's department isn't music.
- Honoree Oxnard, who doesn't work in cosmetics, didn't
receive the January award.
- The person who works in sporting goods was employee of
the month the month before Cheryl was.
- Alice, who isn't Oxnard or West, didn't receive her
award in May.
- Denise, who isn't in paper products, wasn't the April
employee of the month.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.