What's For Lunch?
by Randall L. Whipkey
When five 6th graders from Mrs. Butterworth's class sat together at
lunchtime yesterday, they found that each had a banana in his or her
bag--but that they had five different kinds of sandwiches and five
different dessert snacks among them. From the mini-menu that follows,
you should be able to solve the Logic Puzzle of "What's For Lunch?" by
pairing each student with his or her sandwich and snack.
- Paolo doesn't like jelly with peanut butter, so he made a face
when he saw another student's peanut butter & jelly sandwich.
- The 6th grader who had the honey turkey sandwich begged one of
the Pizza Combos that a classmate had for dessert.
- Neither Kelly, Micah, nor Paolo had either the Jello Chocolate
Pudding or the Pizza Combos for lunch.
- Jennifer told the student who had the bologna sandwich that
she prefers brown mustard on bologna rather than the yellow
that was on her classmate's.
- The 6th grader who enjoyed the ham & cheese didn't have the
Jello Chocolate Pudding or Pizza Combos to go with it.
- The one who ate the chicken salad sandwich told her classmate who
brought Oreo Cookies for snack that the "official" way to eat
Oreos is to lick all the cream out first.
- Both Micah and Paolo tried unsuccessfully to trade their snacks
for another student's Hostess Ho-Hos.
- The five lunchers are Jennifer, Tre, the 6th grader who had a Rice
Krispies Treat for snack, and the two who had the chicken salad
and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.