by Randall L. Whipkey
At the annual 4th of July doubleheader next week, the Summerset
Sycamores team in the Class A North Appalachian League will honor
five of its past players, including Glover, by retiring their jersey
numbers. Each player is being honored for a standout contribution
during his days as a Sycamore, with one being lauded for batting a
team-record .399 one season. From the score card below, you should
be able to find the jersey number for each player and the feat for
which he is being honored.
- Yogi Bench, who isn't the Sycamore being honored for stealing
101 bases one season, isn't the honoree having #25 retired.
- Bo, who isn't Ball, isn't the Summerset Sycamore being lauded
for playing in a North Appalachian League record 1,112 games.
- Neither the player having #1 nor the one having #44 retired is
being cited for slugging a club-record 55 home runs one year.
- The player having jersey #9 retired for his theft of 101 bases
in a season won't be at the ceremony; he will be playing for
the Summerset Sycamores big league parent Yankees that evening.
- Joey, who isn't Glover, and the player having his #1 jersey
retired both live in Summerset in the off-season.
- Fielder, who isn't the player who slugged a club record 55 home
runs to earn his honor, didn't wear #25 during his Summerset
- Neither Bo nor Tommy is the 55-home-run hitter.
- Joey, Walk, and the player having his #44 retired will all three
be making remarks in person at the number retirement ceremony.
- Ball's name won't be the one on the back of either #13 or #25.
- Walk, who isn't Dustin, and the Sycamore being honored for
pitching back-to-back no-hitters played one season together at
the AA-level Ocean City Sea Gulls.
- The player whose #13 is being retired isn't the one who appeared
in the 1,112 games.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.