The Summerset Sluggettes
by Randall L. Whipkey
The Summerset Sluggettes softball team recently opened their season
in the Shore Summer League with a thrilling 16-15 win over the Ocean
City Dolphinettes. Coach Yolanda Berra plans to start each game with
the same nine 12-year-old players, including Kayla, in the same
positions: pitcher and catcher; first base, second base, shortstop,
and third base around the infield; and left field, center field, and
right field in the outfield. Given the clues below, can you find the
Sluggettes gameday line-up: each player's full name (one last name is
Vincent) and position and where she hits, 1st through 9th, in the
- The Owens girl bats immediately ahead of the center fielder.
- These three Sluggettes bat consecutively, first to last:
Emily, the Williams girl, and the catcher.
- The Owens girl, who isn't Grace, doesn't start at third base.
- The Upton girl doesn't open Sluggette games at catcher or in
- Dina immediately follows the Raymond girl in the order.
- Emily and the Scott girl wear uniforms 0 and 00 respectively.
- Neither Grace nor the Williams girl hits 8th in the order.
- Neither the Peters nor the Quinn girl plays catcher.
- Molly, the Scott girl, and the 7th batter in the order are the
Sluggettes' starting outfielders.
- The third baseman immediately precedes the Upton girl in the
- The shortstop bats immediately ahead of the Thomas girl, who
doesn't hit 6th.
- The pitcher isn't the team's clean-up (4th) hitter.
- These three players bat consecutively, first to last: the Peters
girl, the left fielder, and Grace.
- Molly isn't the Williams girl.
- The catcher, who isn't the Owens girl, doesn't hit 8th in the
- No two outfielders follow each other in the batting order.
- The second baseman immediately follows Faith in the line-up.
- Jen bats just ahead of Chyna in the order.
- Heather isn't the 9th-place batter.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.