A Few Fast Figure Eights
by Randall L. Whipkey
Before this year's Dewey Beach 500 race, the wives of the four top
GASCAR drivers competed in the Figure Eight Event to raise money for
local community organizations. Each drove a go-kart, with one behind
the wheel of the #10 White Whippet, 25 laps at top speed around the
numerically-shaped circuit. Can you do a fast figure on the full
name of each driver, her go-kart, and the order of finish 1st-4th
in the race?
- Cindy and Mrs. Anser are both past champions in the event.
- Heidi and Mrs. Pordon have both driven competitively in various
small-track stock car events around the country.
- Mrs. Undretti didn't drive the #77 Red Rocket in the race.
- The #1 Crimson Comet lost to Mrs. Getty's go-kart, which placed
behind Cindy's Figure Eight vehicle.
- Heidi, Wendy, and Mrs. Undretti all three serve as timers in
their husbands' race day pit crews.
- Kelly finished ahead of Mrs. Anser, whose go-kart beat the
#24 Blue Bullet across the finish line.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.