by Randall L. Whipkey
At Ocean City Middle School's recent First Robin of Spring Festival,
Mrs. Desantis and four other teachers proved they were good sports
by riding donkeys in the Teacher-Student Donkey Derby. Each of the
teachers, including the art teacher, had a student ride behind him
or her. Can you determine the donkey each "jockey" rode, the
subject he or she teaches at the school, the full name of the
student "passenger" (one surname is Newman) sharing the saddle, and
the order of finish in the race?
- The math teacher didn't ride Tut and didn't have Jennifer as
- Ian and the Petrovich child are 6th graders at O. C. M. S.
- Mr. Burns urged his donkey across the finish line immediately
ahead of the English teacher's "steed," while the latter
placed ahead of Tut and his riders.
- Mr. Aguilera and the teacher who rode Randy Rocket were in
their second Donkey Derby.
- The donkey with student Greg on its back placed one position
in front of Sweetie and her passengers.
- The Lassiter child's mount wasn't Randy Rocket.
- Mr. Burns isn't the teacher who had the Osgood child riding
- The donkey with Jennifer as passenger placed behind Banzai
Billy in the final standings; Banzai Billy was one place behind
Miss Epstein's donkey across the finish line.
- Felicity didn't ride with the phys. ed. teacher.
- The Petrovich child's donkey lost to the one ridden by the
social studies teacher but defeated the animal with Heather
- Lulu finished immediately ahead of the donkey with the Munoz
child on it; the Munoz child didn't ride with the math teacher.
- Mrs. Cuomo drove her donkey to finish one place ahead of the
donkey with the Osgood child as rider; the latter bested the
math teacher's donkey in the overall standings.
- Miss Epstein didn't draw Tut as her Derby mount.
- Mr. Burns didn't have Banzai Billy as his "thoroughbred."
- The Munoz child didn't share a donkey with Mrs. Cuomo.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.