Pokeyman Card Swap
by Randall L. Whipkey
Five young collectors of Pokeyman cards, the latest craze in elementary
schools across America, recently held a trading session in which each
exchanged one of his doubles for a card he didn't have. The swapping
back-and-forth among the boys lasted several rounds before the trading
was finalized. From the clues below, you should be able to solve this
Logic Puzzle by finding each boy's full name, the Pokeyman card he
started with, and the card he took home with him from the bartering.
- Damon, who isn't the Ruiz boy, isn't the one who ended up with
- After the trading, Carpenter took home Ben's double.
- Thad didn't acquire either Prof. Pine or Burst of
Energy from the trading.
- Ben, Holman, and Ruiz conducted a post-trade analysis when they
walked home from school together.
- The Berger boy didn't end up with Prof. Pine.
- At one point during the swapping of cards, Jamie traded DragonEarth
to Ruiz for Mynx; neither boy brought either of those two
cards to the trading table and neither boy took either of those two
cards home with him.
- Holman ended up with the card Damon brought to trade.
- Berger's double ended up in Westbrook's collection.
- Jamie and the Carpenter boy were the first Ocean City Elementary
School students to discover Pokeyman cards.
- The boy who acquired Change really wanted Mynx for
his collection, but he never had that card in his possession at
any time during the day's events.
- The card Michael brought to trade wasn't Change.
- After all the trading was done, no two of the boys ended up simply
exchanging Pokeyman cards.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.